How to take care of your liquid nitrogen while taking care of your own health.
Your safety is extremely important to us.
- Liquid Nitrogen is extremely cold. At atmospheric pressure, liquid nitrogen boils at -320°F / -196° C.
- Very small amounts of liquid vaporize into large amounts of gas. One liter of liquid nitrogen becomes 24.6 ft3/0.7 m3 of gas.
- Never allow any unprotected part of your body to touch objects cooled by liquid nitrogen. Such objects may stick fast to the skin and tear the flesh when you attempt to free yourself. Use tongs, preferably with insulated handles, to withdraw objects immersed in the liquid, and handle the object carefully.
- Keep container upright.
- Keep the unit clean and dry at all times. Do not use strong alkaline or acid cleaners that may corrode the metal shell.
- Use proper transfer equipment. Never use hollow rods or tubes as dipsticks.
- Nitrogen gas can cause suffocation without warning. Store and use liquid nitrogen only in a well ventilated place.
- Use only containers designed for low-temperature liquids.
- Do not overfill containers
- Wear protective clothing:
∙ Safety Goggles
∙ Cryo Gloves
∙ High-top Shoes
FIRST AID: In case of dizziness or suffocation from inhallation: remove victim to fresh air. If victim is not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Provide medical assistance. In case of frostbite, wash with lukewarm water for at least 5 minutes without rubbing. Obtain immediate medical treatment.
WARNING: ADMINISTRATION OF NITROGEN MAY BE HAZARDOUS OR CONTRAINDICATED. FOR USE ONLY BY OR UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF A LICENSED PRACTITIONER WHO IS EXPERIENCED IN THE USE AND ADMINISTRATION OF NITROGEN AND IS FAMILIAR WITH THE INDICATION, EFFECTS, DOSAGE, METHODS, AND FREQUENCY AND DURATION OF ADMINISTRATION, AND WITH THE HAZARDS, CONTRAINDICATIONS AND SIDE EFFECTS AND THE PRECAUTION TO BE TAKEN.
WARNING: EXTREMELY COLD LIQUID AND GAS UNDER PRESSURE.CAN CAUSE RAPID SUFFOCATION.CAN CAUSE SEVERE FROSTBITE. STORE AND USE WITH ADEQUATE VENTILATION.DO NOT GET LIQUID IN EYES,ON SKIN, OR CLOTHING.FOR LIQUID WITHDRAWAL, WEAR FACE SHIELD AND GLOVES. DO NOT DROP. USE SUITABLE HAND TRUCK FOR CONTAINER MOVEMENT.CYLINDER TEMPERATURE SHOULD NOT EXCEED 52C (125F). CLOSE VALVE AFTER EACH USE AND WHEN EMPTY.USE A BACK FLOW PREVENTATIVE DEVICE IN PIPING. USE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET (MSDS).